It was a particularly cold Wairarapa winters night, my wooden Greytown villa was impossible to heat. A year in perpetual summer seemed appealing.



I was talking on the phone with Jarl and I remember saying that it will be an adventure. If that was the only reason I went to Saudi then it's been one hell of a success.



These are my adventures from since arriving in Riyadh, one August high summer night. Mostly travel orientated but also an account of life in Saudi, compound style, on the rare occassions something intersting happened.




Saturday, September 13, 2008

Draculaville - Bran

Time for trip to Transylvania. Andra arranged a rooms in a big house again, it's a good way to go. It was fun to go to the place we hear so much about and see in so many movies, but of course it isn't the actual Dracula Castle, it's just more convenient to call this one Dracula's. I heard that the vampire's relatives are suiung the local council for profiteering at the expense of the beloved blood drinking ancestor.

There's some stalls and country fun to be held around the small town including drilled port shoulder chop which I was into in a very big way. A rustic and local stay with lots of authentic Romainian food and bits.

One of my all time favs is the staircase one below.









No comments:

Post a Comment